Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Friend Returns

Spring has made it's yearly travels and has again returned to my doorstep. Like a welcomed friend I greeted it with an early evening dinner in the backyard with my son on a blanket next to my husband and I. A delicate breeze as always accompanied it,  so faint as though it never wants to be discovered but there is always something in it's warmth after a long absence that makes me tingle. As I lay with my small family I looked into the early evening sky whose grey clouds had spent the day and I felt filled. What a simple and yet profound feeling. To simply feel filled. Perhaps it is the memories of times that were accompanied by this same breeze in years now gone, memories that this breeze carries on it's back, but excitement begins to find it's way into me. A sneaky, whispering excitment. And I feel grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment